A lot has been said about the upcoming iPhone 6. Some speculated it to be a watch and others a curved screen. Fortunately, we’ve done our homework in anticipation of the iPhone 6. Below is our rundown of the most current iPhone 6 rumors ahead of the release:
- Two iPhones – It turns out that instead of one iPhone 6, there may be two versions being released at the same time. According to gsarena.com, Amazon Japan accidentally leaked images of a 4.7 inch and 5.5 inch display for the iPhone 6.
- Sapphire Glass – The glass used specifically for the camera lens of the iPhone 5, Sapphire Glass, has been rumored to replace the Gorilla glass used for the iPhone 5 series. Rumors of this has slowed since July, but here’s to hoping!
- Faster Processor – Something we know for sure is an upgraded processor with the upcoming A8 chip. For the first time it will feature a quad-core processor and will likely be the fastest processor on any phone upon its release.
- Available this September – The official announcement date for the iPhone 6 is slated for September 9. International Business Times and many others suspect that because the iPhone 5 was released almost immediately after its September announcement, the same may be the case for the iPhone 6.
- iOS 8 – Just like the iPhone 5, the 6 is also going to be getting an operating system upgrade. iOS 8 is said to include new apps and aesthetics, but it’s uncertain if it will come pre-installed at launch.
- Health App – There’s so much to happen with this new app that it would take to much time to explain. Apple’s new Health app may change the way you see your doctor. It includes a built-in heart rate monitor, your personalized medical ID tags, sleep tracker and calorie counter.
- Actionable Notifications – Another really anticipated addition to iOS 8 is the use of “actionable notifications”. This will allow you to respond to notifications from your home screen without having to unlock your phone first.
Be sure to follow us on Facebook and Twitter to send us you thoughts on the upcoming iPhone 6!